Friday 20 June 2014

New mode of transport...


If you live in Yorkshire or have Yorkshire connections no doubt you will have heard Le Tour de France will arrive soon for Le Grand Depart. Constant news about this may have influenced my recent purchase of a new bicycle. However, I'm not entering into competitive cycling just yet and probably not on this model. This is to transport me to the local shop, gallery and cafe over in Torridon. Of course no shopping basket is complete without a string of handmade bunting. Thankfully for this outing it wasn't pouring with rain and neither was the track covered in mud. I think on those occasions the bunting will have to stay at home. The view over the loch on the way to Torridon is stunning on most days but on this particular morning it was especially so.




For my bunting I made some basic granny squares. The crochet flower pattern came from Attic 24 and the knitted triangles were made with the pattern 'Knitted Bunting Flags' by Green Mountain Mama on Ravelry. Then I joined them together with a crochet chain. For all I used Jamiesons of Shetland yarn.


If you are interested in bicycle themed knitting and crochet then this book may be of interest. I haven't seen this in person yet. I first saw it advertised on the Baa Ram Ewe website. Here's what they say about it 'Bespoke' celebrates the magnificent bicycle with 10 knit and crochet designs for you and your bike. I like this yoke cardigan called Woodrup by Ann Kingstone. But I must resist until I finish the yoke cardigan (Couronne) already on my needles in January and still needs to be finished!

Have a great weekend!

Image from Baa Ram Ewe