Wednesday 21 April 2010

Shalom Cardigan Started

Shalom Cardigan Started
This is a project I've wanted to make for some time but resisted the urge to cast on until I finished the previous cardigan ( see post below). The pattern is the Shalom Cardigan by Meghan McFarlane of Involving the Senses blog and can be downloaded free. I do realise the weather is getting warmer and a chunky woollen knit project is not exactly what you want to be thinking about at the moment. I just happened to have the needles and yarn there ready to start. For this project I have three skeins of Louet Riverstone Bulky/Chunky 100% wool in "Willow", the recommended needle size for this yarn is 6 mm ( US 10). I'm using size 7 mm circular needles for this project - haven't gauge swatched for this! but it seems to be sizing okay so far.... This yarn is a pleasure to knit with after the Rowan Summer Tweed experience and the pattern is very easy and uncomplicated to follow which is just what I need at the moment.