Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Crochet Ruffle Throw


My first completed crochet project. 

It's not quite big enough for a blanket but just about enough for a sofa throw, 120cm (48") square. I used Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in the following shades and quantities, x9 50g - 031, x3 50g - 101, x4 50g - 700, with a 4 mm crochet hook. 

The basic design is granny square using a double crochet stitch and two chains to link the stitches with three chains at the corners. The ruffle edge is made by making three double crochet stitches into every chain along the edge. I would recommend Baby cashmerino yarn, it's very easy to work with, washes well, does not pill, and feels extremely soft to the touch.


10 comments:

  1. This is one lovely afghan or throw. Love the color in it. You've done wonderful work for your first afghan and I see many more in the future.

    Have a great day....Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely afghan!! That ruffled edge is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super, well done. I did my first one earlier in the year, but found it difficult to keep the tension constant, so it ended up a bit unsquare. but my daughter-in-law was still thrilled to receive it. what will you do with yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comments.

    jms - I know what you mean about the tension, the central square on this is a bit out of "square". I'm very tempted to keep this for myself! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I commented before saying what lovely colours you have used! This really makes me wish I could crochet! GoRgEoUs !! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color combination. You did very well for your first project (crochet), no one would guess it's your first project.

    I'm out visiting and blog walking this am. So glad I found my way here.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Regards

Julia